Klout - Grading Us on Our Social Media Influence

I was on Twitter tonight and a suggestion popped up to follow Klout and I checked out Klout and it is a tool that calculates a person's influence throughout their social networks. I decided to sign up and check it out and my score from my Twitter account alone is a 12.

I added my LinkedIn and this blog afterwards and I still have to add my YouTube channel, but scores take 24 - 48 hours to update.

I checked out the site for some more information about scores and they go from 1 to 100. From different pages on the Klout site I found this information:

  • Average Klout score is 40
  • Users with scores above 63 are considered in top 5%
  • The higher your score, the harder it is to increase it
  • Barack Obama is at 99
  • Zooey Deschanel is at 86
I love when you can apply numbers to these things cause now I can quantify my goals. I'm not dreaming of making it to a 63 anytime in the near future, but maybe someday!

If you'd like to check it out:

http://klout.com/home

Comments