An Article on Writing Mobile Application Requirements

This post will be brief. I came across a Smashing Magazine article this morning about how to write effective requirements for a mobile application. Even as a developer, I think this article is helpful because it gives me a bit of perspective about where the application customer is coming from and how to communicate with them to get a better idea of their requirements for an app.

This article has also inspired me to write out requirements for the personal projects that I will be building and designing myself. I think it will help me develop better habits for collaboration and could also be useful if I ever change my mind and want help from the open source community via GitHub or another platform. Of course, with open source software other people are free to take the project and do whatever they would like with it (even things that are not in the requirements documentation)!

I hope you find the Smashing Magazine article helpful!

Comments