Programming Birthday Party!

I've got a birthday coming up soon and I was trying to come up with a fun idea for a party. I am not really into the party scene. Then I thought, hey, I like to program. I can have a programming birthday party!

I'm currently living in the Midwest, but a lot of my friends are on the East Coast so I was thinking that this party would happen with a Google Hangout. I figure that instead of gifts, people can bring programming problems and perhaps expose each other to new concepts and such.

I think it will be fun. I think one of the rules I will make for the programming problems is that they have to use open source technologies so no one needs to purchase new software for the party.

Perhaps we can mix it up a bit too and do some brain teasers or play some chess as well!

It's going to be awesome! I'll post after it happens and let you all know how it went!

Comments