Initial Thoughts on Treehouse's "Kotlin for Java Developers" Course

Hello readers! I recently learned that Treehouse's "Kotlin for Java Developers" course is free until June 8th. Naturally, I went to check it out. I plan on trying to finish the entire course by June 8th. I started tonight by watching the first few videos in the course.

I was not sure what to expect since I have never seen Kotlin before. I just hoped that it would not be a horrible programming language.

I am happy to report that I am very pleased so far. The instructor was able to translate 27 lines of Java code into just one line of Kotlin. How efficient! Another cool thing for those of us that know Java is that Kotlin code can be automatically generated from Java code. Honestly, I started to feel for a moment that Kotlin has magical powers. Another perk to Kotlin that the instructor mentioned was that the documentation is really good. I have not gotten a chance to check it out yet, but it is comforting to hear this.

I look forward to watching the rest of this course and I look forward to programming in Kotlin in the future.

Thanks for reading!

Comments