World Wide Web != Internet (World Wide Web Not Equal to Internet)

You know you're a computing student when you get tempted to use logical operators in a sentence. If you're confused, it's okay. In many programming languages, "!=" means "not equal to" so the title of this post is World Wide Web Not Equal to Internet. I recently learned that the World Wide Web is not the same thing a s the Internet. 

You learn something new everyday. So, I did what I always do when I learn something new and I Googled it. I found this link to be helpful in explaining the difference: 

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/the-difference-between-the-world-wide-web-and-the-.html

The Internet makes it possible for people to use the World Wide Web. "...like an attractive parasite that requires the Net for survival" was the author's explanation of the World Wide Web. 

Net = Internet in case you didn't know

Comments