Java, C++, and C#: Coffee, Less than stellar academic performace, and Musical Notes

Go to college for a computing degree and you learn a new language. Recently, I was reflecting on my college orientation and since I had not had any exposure to programming, when I heard people talking about the programming languages Java and C++, I thought of coffee and less than stellar academic performance (though I have never actually heard of a grade of C++ being given out).

Of course, now the opposite is true. If someone asks for a cup of java, programming is my first thought. If I hear about a musician playing a note in C#, I will think of .NET. And if someone gets a C+, I think that they are just one plus sign away from a programming language.

It's interesting how perspectives change over time. Thanks for reading!

Comments