The Annual Crunchies

This February, the 8th Annual Crunchies will take place in San Francisco, California. When I read the name, I picture a competition between cereals or granola bars. In reality, the Crunchies are a yearly ceremony that recognizes the best startups and technology innovations of the previous year.

Last year, comedian John Oliver opened the award ceremony with a routine making fun of the tech industry. If John Oliver's at an event, I'd call it cool. His resume includes The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and he currently hosts his own show on HBO, Last Week Tonight.

One of the reasons I started this blog was to encourage people who might not be so inclined to choose a career in tech to do so. I think tech gets a bad rap for being boring, but it can be pretty trendy and hip and this competition is just one example.

Here's the link to John Oliver's routine at the Crunchies last year. Thanks for reading! 

Comments